• October 21, 2022: included information about WooCommerce Payments
- its Websites (https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com, https://www.folliness.ca) and any products, content or services offered on it and
- its events hosted digitally or in-person.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that are placed on your Device (your computer, mobile Device or any other Device) by a website and which – among its many uses – contain details of your browsing history on that website. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during, either now or during a subsequent visit. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a Visitor, but Personal Data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from Cookies. Cookies also help us in providing the various functionalities of our Website to our Visitors.
What types of Cookies do we use?
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your Device when you go offline, while session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below. Please note: we have made every effort to capture any Cookies placed as much as possible. However, the list of Cookies placed shown below may not be complete.
Essential (Necessary) Cookies
These are Cookies which ensure that certain parts of the Website work properly. They are essential to provide you with Services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features, such as logging into your Account, placing items in your cart or completing a secure checking out process. They also help to authenticate Visitors and prevent fraudulent use of Visitor Accounts. Without these Cookies, the Services YW intends to offer cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those Services.
Placed essential Cookies: Cookie name / Retention / Purpose / Service Provider
- ts_c / 3 years / Provide fraud prevention / PayPal
- paypal / persistent / Provide fraud prevention / PayPal
- __paypal_storage__ / persistent / Store account details / PayPal
- wc_cart_hash_* / session / Store items in shopping cart / WooCommerce
- wc_cart_created / session / Store performed actions on the website / WooCommerce
- woocommerce_cart_hash / 1 day / Store items in shopping cart / WooCommerce
- woocommerce_items_in_cart / session / Store items in shopping cart / WooCommerce
- _stripe_mid / 1 year / Provide fraud prevention / Stripe
- _stripe_sid / 30 minutes / Provide fraud prevention / Stripe
Preferences (Functionality) Cookies
These Cookies allow your preferences to remain known and provide you with a more streamlined experience on our Website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information again and again. For example, preferences Cookies remember your login details or Account profile for product reviews. Functionality Cookies – some from third parties who provide specific eCommerce functionalities on our Website, such as for example, store credits, gift wrapping etc. – may be placed on your Device to allow certain functions to be made available on our Website.
By using this Website, you consent to the use of preferences Cookies. For more details, please see the section Our use of essential and preferences Cookies below. For a list of third parties YW uses as part of its Website, please see the section Third parties used within our Services as it relates to Cookies below.
Placed preferences Cookies: Cookie name / Retention / Purpose / Service Provider
- wp-api-schema-model* / session / – / WordPress
- wordpress_test_cookie / none / Check if cookies can be placed / WordPress
- wordpress_logged_in_* / session / Keep users logged in / WordPress
- tk_ai / session / Store a unique user ID / WordPress, WooCommerce
- wp_woocommerce_session_HASH / session / Store performed actions on the website / WooCommerce
- woocommerce_session_* / session / Store performed actions on the website / WooCommerce
- wc_fragments_* / persistent / – / WooCommerce
These are Cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create Visitor profiles to display advertising or to track a Visitor on a website or across several websites for marketing purposes.
YW does not display advertisements within its Services and therefore does not use marketing Cookies.
Some of the third parties YW uses may place marketing Cookies on your Device, for example when you visit YW web pages which contain embedded video content from third-party websites, when you click on links to third-party websites from our Website or when you access a third-party website through a QR code. Marketing Cookies will also be used when you sign up for our email newsletter, “Musings by YW”, which is administered by our email newsletter Service Provider Infomaniak. Email marketing Cookies help us keep track of the efficiency of our email marketing efforts and ensure that our emails are meaningful to you.
We ask your permission to use your email address to send you our newsletter. For more details about marketing Cookies, please see the section Our use of marketing Cookies below.
Placed marketing Cookies: none.
These Cookies are used to provide insights about the usage of our Website and measure web traffic. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionalities of the Website to see how our Visitors react to them. Some of the third parties we use may place statistics Cookies on your Device, for example when you visit YW web pages which contain embedded video content from third-party websites, when you click on links to third-party websites from our Website or when you access a third-party website through a QR code.
We ask your permission to place statistics Cookies on your Device. For further information on how we use statistics Cookies for web traffic and audience measurement purposes, please see the section Our use of statistics Cookies below.
Placed statistics Cookies: Cookie name / Retention / Purpose / Service Provider
- __utmt_player / 10 minutes / Store and track audience reach / Vimeo
- vuid / 2 years / Store the user’s usage history / Vimeo
- _pk_id* / 13 months / Store a unique user ID / Matomo
- _pk_ses* / 30 minutes / – / Matomo
- MATOMO_SESSID / session / Provide fraud prevention / Matomo
- mtm_consent / – / – / Matomo
- consent-to-track / – / – / Matomo
- consent-given / – / – / Matomo
Our use of essential and preferences Cookies
We automatically collect Usage Data about the actions our Visitors, Product Vendors and Drop-ship Suppliers perform on our Website through third-party Service Providers such as WooCommerce, WooCommerce extensions and WordPress.org. Examples of Usage Data include data generated when placing orders, paying for orders, reviewing a product, using online store coupons, obtaining a shipping rate, cancelling orders, uploading product information or marking orders as filled.
The below is a non-exhaustive list of ways in which essential and preferences Cookies may be placed on your Device as you use the Website. Essential and/or preference Cookies may be placed for example when you:
• leave a product review or a comment on a blog post: when you leave product reviews or blog comments on the Website, you may opt in to saving your name, email address and your personal website URL in Cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These Cookies will last for one year.
• create an Account and log into your Account: if you visit our login page, we will set a temporary Cookie to determine if your browser accepts Cookies. This Cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several Cookies to save your login information. Login Cookies last for two days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your Account, the login Cookies will be removed. In the case of a failed login attempt, the WordPress.com plugin JetPack (Protect) will also set a Cookie for one day to remember if/when a Visitor has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they are a real human.
• edit a blog article or product description: if you edit or publish a blog article or product description, an additional Cookie will be saved in your browser. This Cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Our use of marketing Cookies
YW’s Website does not specifically make use of marketing Cookies, however marketing Cookies will be placed on your Device in the following circumstances, when you:
• subscribe to YW’s weekly email newsletter (“Musings by YW”): once you are subscribed to the newsletter, Infomaniak’s Cookies will be used to track the recipients’ geolocation, which recipients have received the newsletter, which recipients have opened it and at what date and time, which links in the newsletter each recipient has clicked, if a recipient marks the newsletter as spam or unsubscribes and what reasons they have given to unsubscribe.
YW does not sell your Personal Data. We do not sell any information about our Visitors. We don’t sell, provide, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Visitor’s Personal Data or personal information to any third party for valuable consideration.
Our use of statistics Cookies
The information collected by statistics Cookies are gathered with the help of Matomo, our web analytics Service Provider. We use Matomo to monitor and analyze our Website traffic. If you have opted into having your Website visit recorded for web traffic and audience measurement purposes, we collect information about you automatically when you are using our Services through Cookies which Matomo sets on your Device as you navigate through our Website. Statistics Cookies placed by Matomo may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual Visitor if you have made a purchase on YW. This is because the information collected by Matomo includes the eCommerce order ID of individual purchases on the YW Website.
YW operates with a model of consent with regards to Website traffic statistics and audience measurement. For a particular Visitor to be tracked by Matomo during their visit on our Website, they need to give explicit consent to the use of statistics Cookies. If you have chosen to opt out of Website Visitor tracking by denying consent for statistics Cookies on our homepage, your visit to https://www.youngw.ca will not be recorded by Matomo. Website Visitors who have not given consent will not be tracked. Please note that when you opt out of having your visit to our Website analyzed, the Matomo will set an opt-out Cookie within your browser. This is to ensure that your Website visit will not be tracked by Matomo. Please note that this opt-out Cookie does not contain Personal Data or any identifier and that the Cookie value is the same for all Visitors.
We only record your visit if you opt in through explicit consent on the homepage Cookie consent banner. If you want opt in to having your Website visit tracked for audience measurement purposes, please tick the checkbox on the Cookie consent banner when you first arrive at the YW homepage and click “SUBMIT”. Whether you have already opted in or opted out, you can change your statistics Cookie consent preferences for www.youngw.ca at any time during your visit here:
Your consent is stored within your browser storage as a Cookie. The statistics Cookies described above will eventually expire and be removed from your browser after a maximum of 13 months.
Please note that if you clear the Cookies in your web browser, if you delete the opt-out Cookie or if you change Devices or web browsers, you will need to perform the opt-out procedure again, since you will be asked for your consent again. You may also deactivate or restrict the transmission of Cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies that are already stored within your browser may be deleted at any time.
Matomo records the following Personal Data and Usage Data for any YW Website Visitor who has given consent to opt in to audience measurement tracking via the Cookie consent banner on YW’s homepage:
- your approximate geographic location via the collection of the anonymized IP address of your Device:
Because Matomo does not record your full IP address, but rather an anonymized version of it (with the last components removed), Matomo will not record your precise location. Your continent will be shown accurately in most cases, but your country, and/or province, and/or city will be approximations based on the anonymized IP address.
- the referral channel (e.g. search, direct entry, social channels, etc.),
- the domain of the website from which you visited the Website from,
- information from the Device (Device type, Device brand, operating system, screen resolution, language, and web browser type) you used during your visit
- the number of visits per day (no tracking beyond 1 day),
- the parts of our Website you visit,
- the date, time and duration of your visit,
- the links on https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com, https://www.folliness.ca/ which you used to leave our Website, and
- your YW eCommerce order ID, in the case that you make a purchase on the Website.
We process this Usage Data in Matomo for audience measurement and statistical purposes, to improve our site, to calculate how many people visit and use our Services from certain geographic regions, and to recognize and stop any misuse. Data collected by Matomo is stored within YW’s own MySQL database on servers of our hosting provider Infomaniak in Switzerland. Data logs or report data collected and processed by Matomo will never be sent to other servers by Matomo or Infomaniak.
Matomo also supports your browser’s DoNotTrack preference. If your browser has the “I do not want to be tracked” (DoNotTrack) feature enabled, YW will not track your Website visit.
If you are using an adblocker, Matomo will also not track your Website visit.
We also do not show advertising on our Website. YW does not receive Personal Data about Visitors or potential Visitors from advertisers or share Personal Data about Visitors or potential Visitors with advertisers.
Third parties used within our Services as it relates to Cookies
The following third parties place or may place Cookies on your Device:
- Infomaniak (newsletter) / To send electronic newsletters to subscribers / Switzerland / Email address. Infomaniak’s Cookies track the following newsletter action by newsletter recipient: geolocation, receipt of email, opening date and time, links clicked, unsubscribes, unsubscribe reason, marked as spam / Data processing agreement, GDPR Policy
How long do we keep Cookies?
Further to the specific expiry dates listed for the various Cookies found above, we provide some further details in less technical terms about the expiry times of Cookies as used on our Website.
The statistics Cookies for your consent to either opt in or opt out of website traffic and audience measurement through Matomo will be stored within your browser storage. Those Cookies set by Matomo as described above will eventually expire and be removed from your browsers after a maximum of 13 months.
Your browser will keep Cookies used to keep track of cart contents while you are browsing our Website for a maximum of 2 days. The temporary Cookie set if you visit the YW Account login page is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in to your Account, Cookies will be set to save your login information, they will last for two days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your Account, the login Cookies will be removed. In the case of a failed login attempt, the WordPress.com plugin JetPack (Protect) will also set a Cookie for one day to remember if/when a Visitor has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they are a real human.
If you leave a comment or product review on our Website and choose for the Website to save your name, email address and your personal website URL in Cookies, these Cookies will last for one year.
If you edit or publish a blog article or product description, a cookie with the post ID of the article will be set; it expires after one day.
Links to other websites and content on YW embedded from other websites
Our Services may link to third-party web pages with the use of printed QR codes. Some of these third-party web pages linked to via QR code may place marketing and/or statistics Cookies on your Device, even if the web page visited is a YW URL with embedded video content from third-party websites. By purchasing Goods from YW you acknowledge that the Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services linked to via QR code. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third-party content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services linked to via QR code.
How can I control my Cookie preferences?
Should you decide to change your statistics Cookie preferences later through your browsing session, you can do so in the section above called Our use of statistics Cookies at any time during your visit. This section allows you to update your statistics Cookie preferences or to withdraw your consent.
When you decline consent for statistics Cookies, there may still be a few essential cookies created in order to record your decline of consent. Please note that this consent only applies to statistics Cookies which handle web traffic and audience measurement via Matomo.
The Website does use non-statistics Cookies (essential and preferences Cookies) by default. In order to disable preferences Cookies on the Website, please disable Cookies on your browser. In order to avoid marketing Cookies found in YW’s promotional emails, please unsubscribe from YW’s email newsletter. In order to avoid marketing Cookies from third-party Service Providers or third-party websites, please disable Cookies in your browser before clicking on embedded content and third-party links on our Website.
You have several choices available when it comes to how much information you share about yourself:
• Set your browser to reject Cookies: you can usually choose to set your browser to reject browser Cookies before using YW’s Website, with the drawback that certain features of YW’s Website may not function properly without the aid of Cookies. In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete Cookies.
– For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
– For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
– For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
– For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
– For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
To find out more about how to manage and delete Cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
• Opt out of statistics Cookies used by third-party Service Provider Matomo for the purposes of website traffic and audience measurement: you can do this by leaving the opt-in box unchecked before clicking ‘SUBMIT’ on the Cookie consent banner (when you first visit our Website) or by changing your Cookie consent settings (at any point during your Website visit) in the section above called Our use of statistics Cookies. By opting out, your Website visit will not by tracked by Matomo.
• Limit the information you provide: if you have an Account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional Account information within your YW Account. When you purchase from YW and have the option to provide further details about your order choices or preferences, you can choose to leave blank any fields which are marked ‘optional’.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique eCommerce account created for you on the Company’s Website to access your past transactions, downloads, store credit and other parts of our Services.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) refers to a California privacy law.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “Young W” or “YW” in this Agreement) refers to Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada.
- Cookies are small data files transferred onto your computer, mobile Device or any other Device by websites for record-keeping purposes, to capture details of your browsing history on that website and to enhance the functionality of that website.
- Device means any device that can access the Services such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- DoNotTrack (DNT) is a technology and policy proposal that allows internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) refers to the European data privacy and security law.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Services refers to our Website, products, events, content and other services offered for sale or for free by YW in its communication and distribution channels.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate its Services, to provide the Services on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Company’s Services or to assist the Company in analyzing how its Services are used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered data processors.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Company’s Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the Company’s Websites, accessible from https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com and https://www.folliness.ca.
- Visitor (“you”) means the individual or company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Company’s Services, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you can be referred to as the data subject or as the Visitor as you are the individual using the Services.
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by postal mail at Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada.