• (no changes yet)
Young W operates according to the following privacy commitments:
- We are thoughtful about the Personal Data we collect about you and only collect as much data as needed to perform our Services.
- We store Personal Data only for as long as we have a reason to keep it and as it is needed to serve you.
- You can contact us at any time to obtain the Personal Data we hold about you or to request for it to be permanently deleted.
- We do not and never will sell any Data, Personal or otherwise, to third parties.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your Personal Data.
- We make our best effort to comply with PIPEDA, CASL, GDPR and CCPA.
Who we are and what this policy covers
Young W (“YW”) operates the Website https://www.youngw.ca, which offers a variety of services, products, events and content (“Services”) related to the arts, culture and the humanities, with a focus on discovering a flourishing offline life. While YW does utilize technology as a tool, its mission is to showcase the best of offline life and the analog lifestyle. We therefore believe very strongly in protecting our visitors’, customers’, users’, readers’, vendors’, suppliers’, and stakeholders’ (“Visitors”) privacy and treat privacy as an important cornerstone of our company’s values.
- its Websites (https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com, https://www.folliness.ca) and any products, content or services offered on it and
- its events hosted digitally or in-person.
To the extent that YW does make use of digital event software (such as Crowdcast or Zoom, for example), has an affiliate bookstore presence on Bookshop.org US, Bookshop.org UK and IndieBound or uses social media platforms for certain marketing purposes (such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or LinkedIn, for example), this policy does not apply to YW’s presence on these platforms, due to the fact that these platforms are governed by their own privacy policies.
What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. Below we explain what type of information we collect about you, along with details about how we collect that information. We obtain personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
1) if and when you provide information to us, and
2) automatically through operating our Services.
1) information that you provide to us directly: for example,
- the information you provide to YW as you place orders on our Website (email address, first name, last name, shipping address, billing address, phone number, payment card information, and notes or special instructions you want to share about your order);
- the information you share with us by filling out a form on our Website; by participating in a YW survey, competition or promotion; by attending a YW event; by visiting a YW booth at a fair or show; by reporting a problem with our Website; or by communicating with us through email, phone or postal mail (first name, last name, email address, mailing address, phone number and any message you share with us).
- the basic information (username, email address, password) you share with YW in order to set up an eCommerce Account on https://www.youngw.ca. You may provide us with more information, but we don’t require more information to create an Account on YW. You may also use the Website without creating Account, and may also complete purchases as a guest.
2) information about you automatically when you are using our Services:
a. through Cookies which our web analytics Service Provider Matomo sets on your Device as you navigate through our Website, if you have opted in to having your Website visit recorded:
YW operates with a model of consent with regards to Website traffic statistics and audience measurement. For a particular Visitor to be tracked by Matomo during their visit on our Website, they need to give explicit consent to statistics Cookies. If you have chosen to opt out of Website Visitor tracking by denying consent on our homepage, your visit to https://www.youngw.ca will not be recorded by Matomo. Website Visitors who have not given consent for statistics Cookies will not be tracked. Please note that when you opt out of having your visit to our Website analyzed, the Matomo will set an opt-out Cookie within your browser. This is to ensure that your Website visit will not be tracked by Matomo.
We only record your visit if you opt in. If you want opt-in to having your Website visit tracked for audience measurement purposes, please tick the checkbox on the Cookie consent banner when you first arrive at the YW homepage and click “SUBMIT”. Whether you have already opted in or opted out, you can change your statistics Cookie consent preferences at any time during your visit on this page.
Your consent is stored within your browser storage as a Cookie. The Cookies described above will eventually expire and be removed from your browser after a maximum of 13 months.
Please note that if you clear the Cookies in your web browser, if you delete the opt-out Cookie or if you change Devices or web browsers, you will need to perform the opt-out procedure again, since you will be asked for your consent again. You may also deactivate or restrict the transmission of Cookies by changing the settings of your web browser. Cookies that are already stored within your browser may be deleted at any time.
Matomo records the following Personal Data and Usage Data for any YW Website Visitor who has given consent to opt in to audience measurement tracking via the Cookie consent banner on YW’s homepage:
- your approximate geographic location via the collection of the anonymized IP address of your Device:
Because Matomo does not record your full IP address, but rather an anonymized version of it (with the last components removed), Matomo will not record your precise location. Your continent will be shown accurately in most cases, but your country, and/or province, and/or city will be approximations based on the anonymized IP address.
- the referral channel (e.g. search, direct entry, social channels, etc.),
- the domain of the website from which you visited the Website from,
- information from the Device (Device type, Device brand, operating system, screen resolution, language, and web browser type) you used during your visit
- the number of visits per day (no tracking beyond 1 day),
- the parts of our Website you visit,
- the date, time and duration of your visit,
- the links on https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com, https://www.folliness.ca/ which you used to leave our Website, and
- your YW eCommerce order ID, in the case that you make a purchase on the Website.
We process this Usage Data in Matomo for audience measurement and statistical purposes, to improve our site, to calculate how many people visit and use our Services from certain geographic regions, and to recognize and stop any misuse. Data collected by Matomo is stored within YW’s own MySQL database on servers of our hosting provider Infomaniak in Switzerland. Data logs or report data collected and processed by Matomo will never be sent to other servers by Matomo or Infomaniak.
Matomo also supports your browser’s DoNotTrack preference. If your browser has the “I do not want to be tracked” (DoNotTrack) feature enabled, YW will not track your Website visit.
If you are using an adblocker, Matomo will also not track your Website visit.
We also do not show advertising on our Website. YW does not receive Personal Data about Visitors or potential Visitors from advertisers or share Personal Data about Visitors or potential Visitors with advertisers.
b. through WooCommerce and WordPress.org about the actions our Visitors, Product Vendors and Drop-ship Suppliers perform on our Website, for example, when placing orders, paying for orders, reviewing a product, using online store coupons, cancelling orders, uploading product information, or marking orders as filled.
The following Usage Data will be collected, processed and may be shared with Service Providers (see section How and with whom we share the information we collect about you below) when you use our Website in order to:
• submit information via a contact form: when Visitors contact YW via a contact form on our Website, we collect the Visitor’s local date and time, their name, email address, IP address and any message shared by the Visitor as part of the contact form input fields. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the YW Website and is emailed directly to YW Website owner. We keep contact form submissions for 13 months and do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes, unless this is explicitly stated as the purpose on the contact form.
• create an Account and log into your Account: if you create an Account, we will store at a minimum your username, email address and password. You also have the option to add you first name, last name, shipping address, billing address, and phone number, which will be used to populate the YW eCommerce checkout for future orders. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary Cookie to determine if your browser accepts Cookies. This Cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several Cookies to save your login information. Login Cookies last for two days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your Account, the login Cookies will be removed. In the case of a failed login attempt, the WordPress.com plugin JetPack (Protect) will also set a Cookie for one day to remember if/when a Visitor has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they are a real human.
• edit a blog article or product description: if you edit or publish a blog article or product description, an additional Cookie will be saved in your browser. This Cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
• reset your password: when you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
• subscribe to YW’s bi-weekly email newsletter ( “Letters from Young W”): we collect your email address to sign you up for our electronic newsletter. It will be stored at our newsletter provider, Infomaniak, where it will be kept on file for this purpose until you unsubscribe from the newsletter. Your email address is used solely to send you our electronic newsletter, which includes marketing and promotional messages about YW’s activities. You can unsubscribe at any time through the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of all our newsletter emails or by emailing us your request to unsubscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the option to receive ‘Letters from Young W’ also as physical letters via postal mail if you choose to provide us with your mailing address via email at email@example.com. Your mailing address will solely be used to send you our newsletter in hardcopy, paper format and will be kept on file as long as you are subscribed to the electronic version of the newsletter. Should opt to unsubscribe from our electronic newsletter, we will also stop sending physical letters to your mailing address.
Once you have signed up to receive our email newsletter, Infomaniak’s newsletter tool will ask you to confirm your email address. Once you are subscribed, Infomaniak’s Cookies will be used to track the recipient’s geolocation, which recipients have received the newsletter, which recipients have opened it and at what date and time, which links in the newsletter each recipient has clicked, if a recipient marks the newsletter as spam or unsubscribes and what reasons they have given to unsubscribe. We will not automatically send you our email newsletter when you make a purchase on YW. You can sign up for our newsletter separately here. If you have given written consent to sign up for the newsletter in an offline setting (e.g. at a fair or in-person event), you will receive an automatic email request to confirm your email address after the event. You will only be subscribed once you have provided your electronic consent via the confirmation of your email address. If you have decided to unsubscribe from the newsletter, please allow 10 days for your email address to be removed from our database.
• interact with YW as a Drop-ship Supplier or Product Vendor: if you are a Drop-ship Supplier or Product Vendor, you may also provide us with inventory information by SKU, with an email address for your PayPal account or with your bank account information.
• upload media files: Some Visitors may be able to upload media files onto the YW Website. All uploaded files are usually publicly accessible. If you upload images to the Website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Otherwise Visitors to the Website can download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
c. through third-party WordPress.org plugins:
YW uses a number of WordPress.org plugins and WooCommerce extensions in order to provide its Website experience to Visitors. By default, WordPress.org does not share any Personal Data with anyone. WooCommerce itself does not receive or store customer Usage Data. YW has also opted out of WooCommerce’s Usage Tracker, JetPack general analytics tracking and JetPack’s usage tracking of WooCommerce analytics. However, the WordPress.org plugins and WooCommerce extensions YW uses on its Website may collect, process and store certain Visitor data according to the plugin developers’ privacy policies. Please see the section How and with whom we share the information we collect about you for a list of plugins and extensions YW uses, along with links to their privacy policies.
How and with whom we share the information we collect about you
YW does not sell your Personal Data. We do not sell any information about our Visitors. We don’t sell, provide, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Visitor’s Personal Data or personal information to any third party for valuable consideration.
YW may share Personal Data in the following ways with third parties:
1. through the use of WordPress.org plugins, WooCommerce, WooCommerce extensions and other IT Service Providers: we use the third-party Service Providers listed below for specific functionalities of our Website, such as for example, electronic payment processing, the estimation of shipping rates and postal delivery services, electronic newsletter delivery, and the web hosting of our Website.
The following Service Providers may have access to your Personal Data and may collect, store, use, process, and transfer information about your activity using our Services in accordance with their privacy policies. We don’t own or control these third parties, and they have their own rules about information collection, use, and sharing, which you should review before using the Services.
- Infomaniak (newsletter) / To send electronic newsletters to subscribers / Switzerland / Email address. Infomaniak’s Cookies track the following newsletter action by newsletter recipient: geolocation, receipt of email, opening date and time, links clicked, unsubscribes, unsubscribe reason, marked as spam / Data processing agreement, GDPR Policy
2. for the purposes of order fulfillment by Drop-ship Suppliers and Product Vendors (third-party sellers) on YW: some of the products sold on YW may be fulfilled by Drop-ship Suppliers or Product Vendors located in Canada, the USA or other countries.
- Products sold by YW and fulfilled by a Drop-ship Supplier are labelled as “Sold by: Young W” and have the Drop-ship Supplier indicated on the individual product detail page as “Supplier: (Drop-ship Supplier name)”.
- Products sold by third-party Product Vendors and fulfilled by a Product Vendor are labelled as “Sold by: (Product Vendor name)”.
- Products sold by YW and fulfilled by YW itself are labelled as “Sold by: Young W”.
Should an order be fulfilled by a Drop-ship Supplier or Product Vendor, YW will share customer order information (first name, last name, phone number, shipping address, products ordered, the quantity ordered, their chosen shipping method) with Drop-ship Suppliers and Product Vendors as necessary for order fulfillment. Orders will then then be shipped out from the Drop-ship Supplier’s or Product Vendor’s warehouse directly to the customer.
3. in the following specific circumstances:
- to comply with the law: under certain circumstances, YW may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect and defend the rights or property of YW, to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services, to protect the personal safety of Visitors of our Services or the public or to protect against legal liability.
How and why we use information we collect about you
We collect Personal Data for the business and commercial purposes as described in the section What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it and we share this information with the categories of third parties described in the section How and with whom we share the information we collect about you. We may use or disclose personal information we collect for “business purposes” or “commercial purposes” (as defined under the CCPA), which may include the following examples:
a) to provide our Services: for example, to send you either via postal or electronic mail the physical and digital products you have purchased from YW, to communicate with Visitors about their order, to respond to customer service inquiries, to process payments and orders, and to verify Visitor information.
b) to protect the security of our Services and ensure fraud prevention: for example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; including, when necessary, to prosecute those responsible for such activities.
c) to fix problems with our Services: for example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
d) to manage your Account: for example, to set up and maintain your Account and to manage your registration as a customer in YW’s eCommerce shop.
f) for internal administrative and auditing purposes.
g) to recruit and hire new employees: for example, by evaluating job applicants and communicating with them.
h) for business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Visitors is among the assets transferred.
i) to complying with our legal obligations: to comply with the law, to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
j) to improve our Services: we may use your information to obtain insights on how Visitors use our Services so we can improve them or for purpose such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
YW does not engage in automated decision making and/or profiling of any Visitor data.
How long we keep your data
We keep records of unpaid pending, unpaid failed or unpaid cancelled orders active for 14 days, after which we will delete them. Data for completed orders will be kept on file for 7 years, after which the Personal Data within the order will be anonymized. Accounts which are unused (no login and no purchase on YW’s Website for 7 years) will be automatically deleted.
We will retain your YW Account information as long as it is as necessary to provide you with Services or until you request from us that your Account be deleted. You can request the deletion of your Account at any time by emailing YW at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a YW Account which you would like to have deleted, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your Account.
The Cookies for your consent to either opt in or opt out of website traffic and audience measurement through Matomo will be stored within your browser storage. Those Cookies set by Matomo as described above will eventually expire and be removed from your browsers after a maximum of 13 months. We keep Matomo Visitor logs that record details about a Visitor’s visit to YW’s Website (as described in the section What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it, point 2 a., above) for 3 months. Upon the expiry of these time frames, Website Visitor logs will automatically be deleted. Aggregated reports (without any identifiable Personal Data) of Website Visitor statistics are kept for 13 months within Matomo.
Your browser will keep Cookies used to keep track of cart contents while you are browsing our Website for a maximum of 2 days. The temporary Cookie set if you visit the YW Account login page is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in to your Account, Cookies will be set to save your login information, they will last for two days. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your Account, the login Cookies will be removed. In the case of a failed login attempt, the WordPress.com plugin JetPack (Protect) will also set a Cookie for one day to remember if/when a Visitor has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they are a real human.
If you leave a blog comment or a product review on our Website and choose for the Website to save your name, email address and your personal website URL in Cookies, these Cookies will last for one year. If you edit or publish a blog article or product description, a Cookie with the post ID of the article will be set; it expires after one day.
Visitors signed up for YW’s electronic newsletter will stay in our newsletter database until they unsubscribe from it. Newsletter Usage Data will be saved for 13 months and indefinitely in aggregate and anonymized format.
When you communicate with us via contact form, email, telephone, postal mail, online comments regarding your orders (which can be found within the ‘Past orders’ section in your YW Account) or through another method, we may keep a copy of our communications for a duration of 7 years. We will also store blog comments, product descriptions or product reviews, if you choose to leave them, for as long as the Website is active.
Security of your Personal Data
YW’s Website is secured by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to make sure that any information transmitted from the browser to the server, including Personal Data, is encrypted and protected. Please note that YW does not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors, Moneris and PayPal, whose use of your Personal Data is governed by their own privacy policies. These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. To enhance the security of your Account, we encourage you to use a strong password when creating your YW Account, not to share your Account or password with anyone else and to use a password manager. The security of your Personal Data is important to us. While we strive to make every acceptable effort to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YW’s Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Our Services, including our Website, do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers immediately.
Links to other websites
Our Services may link to third-party web pages with the use of printed QR codes. Some of these third-party web pages linked to via QR code may place marketing and/or statistics Cookies on your Device, even if the web page visited is a YW URL with embedded video content from third-party websites. By purchasing products from YW you acknowledge that the Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services linked to via QR code. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third-party content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services linked to via QR code.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
• Limit the information you provide: if you have an Account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional Account information within your YW Account. When you purchase from YW and have the option to provide further details about your order choices or preferences, you can choose to leave blank any fields which are marked ‘optional’.
• Set your browser to reject Cookies: you can usually choose to set your browser to reject browser Cookies before using YW’s Website, with the drawback that certain features of YW’s Website may not function properly without the aid of Cookies.
• Close your Account: While we would be sad to see you go, you can close your YW Account at any time if you no longer want to keep it. In that case, you may still use our Services as a guest. You can email us with your Account deletion request at email@example.com and we will make sure to delete it for you within 2 business days. We will also send you a confirmation once your Account has been deleted. If you have a YW Account which you would like to have deleted, we will need you to contact us from the email address associated with your Account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your Account, as described in How long we keep your data above — for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or is reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
Your Rights under GDPR and CCPA
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
– Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you: you have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
– Object to processing of your Personal Data: this right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to our processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
– Request erasure of your Personal Data: you have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
– Request the transfer of your Personal Data: we will provide to you, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
– Withdraw your consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of our Services.
– Make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
– Consent: you have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
– Performance of a contract: provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
– Legal obligations: processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
– Vital interests: processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
– Legitimate interests: processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Exercising of your GDPR Data Protection Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada. You may exercise your rights of access, correction, erasure and objection by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will respond within 30 days. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- The right to notice: you have the right to be notified which categories of personal information are being collected and the purposes for which the personal information is being used.
- The right to request: under CCPA, you have the right to request that we disclose information to you about our collection, use, sale, disclosure for business purposes and share of personal information. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- If we sold your personal information – which YW does not and will not do – or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information categories sold
- The categories of personal information categories disclosed
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information (opt-out): you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information. However, YW does not and will not sell your personal information.
- The right to delete personal information: you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your request, we will delete (and direct our Service Providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
- The right not to be discriminated against: you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer’s rights.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The CCPA also requires us to provide a list of the “categories” of personal information we collect, as that term is defined in the law. We may use or disclose and may have used or disclosed in the last twelve (12) months the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes, depending on the Services used:
- Category A: Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (for example, a name, address or telephone number)
- Category C: Characteristics protected by law (for example, you might provide your gender as part of a research survey for us);
- Category D: Commercial information (your billing information and purchase history, for example);
- Category F: Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as your usage of our Services, like the actions you take on https://www.youngw.ca as you browse through our Website);
- Category G: Geolocation data (such as your location or approximate location based on your IP address or anonymized IP address);
- Category H: Audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as your profile picture or product picture, if you have uploaded such pictures);
- Category I: Professional or employment-related information (for example, information you provide in a job application); and
- Category K: Inferences we make (such as likelihood of repeat purchases)
- You can find more information about what specific personal information we collect and sources of that information in the section What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it above.
Please note that the categories listed above are those defined in the CCPA. This does not mean that all examples of that category of personal information were or will be in fact disclosed, but reflects our good faith belief to the best of our knowledge that some of that information from the applicable category may be and may have been disclosed.
Under CCPA, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope.
Exercising your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by postal mail at Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. Your request to us must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with the required information if we cannot:
- Verify your identity or authority to make the request
- And confirm that the personal information relates to you
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 30 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 30 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Exercising your rights
YW will never discriminate against any Visitor for exercising their privacy rights.
If you have created an Account on YW, you can access and update the Personal Data related to your YW Account through your Account settings. In case you would like to delete your YW Account, you can email us (from the email address associated with your Account) at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your Account be deleted. We will complete your deletion request within 2 business day and provide you with a deletion confirmation email upon completion.
Any of YW’s Visitors can also have their Personal Data removed from our database by sending a personal data deletion request to email@example.com. When you email us with your request, we can also share with you what Personal Data we have on file about you and subsequently delete it upon your request. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Since the data you request us to delete will still exist in a backup version of our Website, it could take up to 3 months for the backed up versions to be cleared from our servers at Infomaniak, our web hosting Service Provider.
In case you have a concern about about YW’s privacy practices, you can direct your complaints to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or the local data protection agency in your jurisdiction, should you reside outside of Canada.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique eCommerce account created for you on the Company’s Website to access your past transactions, downloads, store credit and other parts of our Services.
- Bookshop.org UK is a website which allows the Company to generate book recommendation affiliate links, so that Visitors can purchase books directly from the online book retailer Bookshop.org UK. If a Visitor purchases a book recommended by the Company through one of the Company’s Bookshop.org UK affiliate links, the Company makes a small commission from the sale of this book.
- Bookshop.org US is a website which allows the Company to generate book recommendation affiliate links, so that Visitors can purchase books directly from the online book retailer Bookshop.org USA. If a Visitor purchases a book recommended by the Company through one of the Company’s Bookshop.org USA affiliate links, the Company makes a small commission from the sale of this book.
- Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers’ personal information, that does business in the State of California.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) refers to the California privacy law.
- CASL refers to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “Young W” or “YW” in this Agreement) refers to Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada. For the purposes of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Cookies are small data files transferred onto your computer, mobile Device or any other device by websites for record-keeping purposes, to capture details of your browsing history on that website and to enhance the functionality of that website.
- Country refers to: Ontario, Canada.
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Device means any device that can access the Services such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- DoNotTrack (DNT) is a technology and policy proposal that allows internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Drop-ship Supplier means a supplier from which the Company has sourced merchandise which is offered by the Company for sale to the Company’s Visitors on https://www.youngw.ca and which fulfills orders by shipping that merchandise directly to the customer.
- GDPR (EU General Data Protection Regulation) refers to the European data privacy and security law.
- IndieBound is a website which allows the Company to generate book recommendation affiliate links, so that Visitors can purchase books directly from independent retailers in the USA and Canada. If a Visitor purchases a book recommended by the Company through one of the Company’s IndieBound affiliate links, the Company makes a small commission from the sale of this book.
- Instagram is a public profile named “Young W” specifically created by the Company on the Instagram social network, accessible from https://www.instagram.com/youngw_ca.
- LinkedIn is a public profile named “Young W” specifically created by the Company on the LinkedIn social network, accessible from https://www.linkedin.com/company/youngw.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Pinterest is a public profile named “Young W” specifically created by the Company on the Pinterest social network, accessible from https://www.pinterest.ca/youngw_ca.
- PIPEDA refers to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, a Canadian privacy law.
- Product Vendor means a third-party vendor of merchandise which offers products for sale to YW Visitors on https://www.youngw.ca and which fulfills orders by shipping such products directly to the customer.
- Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Services refers to our Website, products, events, content and other services offered for sale or for free by YW in its communication and distribution channels.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate its Services, to provide the Services on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Company’s Services or to assist the Company in analyzing how its Services are used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered data processors.
- Twitter is a public profile named “Young W” specifically created by the Company on the Twitter social network, accessible from https://www.twitter.com/youngw_ca.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Company’s Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the Company’s Websites, accessible from https://www.youngw.ca, https://www.folliness.com and https://www.folliness.ca.
- Visitors (“you”) means the individual or company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Company’s Services, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you can be referred to as the data subject or as the Visitor as you are the individual using the Services.
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by postal mail at Young W, PO Box 66 Stn C, Toronto, ON, M6J 3M7, Canada.